View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

GDPR Preparation and Planning

on Wed May 03, 2017 10:23 am
Hi Everyone

I only started using the crmnetwork last week and this is my first forum message.

I am curious to get a feel for how other universities are finding CRM providers are responding to GDPR in particular, to ensure the necessary requirements for managing opt-in consent and withdrawal of the different channels eg email, phone, text etc.  As an example, does your CRM provider have a clear plan on their development road map to ensure the necessary information is captured and the functionality across the different channels to opt-in/out work?  Or even if you have some general observations or comments which may be useful to all of us, I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you.
Christine
Admin
View user profilehttp://crmnetworkuk.forumotion.com

Re: GDPR Preparation and Planning

on Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm
Hi Christine,

So far I haven't seen much in the way of a clear developmental road map from our provider (Azorus). I have raised it previously with my Account Manager and I do believe that there may have been some discussions on a release webinar that I was unable to attend (other Azorus users can confirm if that was the case). I would be surprised if Hobsons haven't addressed this with their clients, they are typically quite on-the-ball with issues/changes around data protection - see what other users on this forum think.

Azorus are developing 'flavours' which will mean we can specify the types of opt-in, though this was functionality before the GDPR was initiated.

thanks,

Andy
View user profile

on Fri May 05, 2017 9:41 am
I have raised it with our main suppliers but so far have nothing solid. I haven't seen any proper planning documentation and I think there is a feeling that this will be up to institutions themselves to structure their comms in a way that is compliant. But everyone is finding their way with it at the same time so I think this will change. My intention is to create a short supplier survey in the first instance to gain the information around areas of compliance - data security, consent and access - and identify the potential gaps from there to focus on with suppliers. I feel at the moment they need something a bit more structured on what we need rather than a generic 'What are you doing about GDPR?' which I have asked so far.

Hobsons do have a session planned at their partner meeting later this month so we will see what they have to say! It's not very long though...
View user profile

on Fri May 05, 2017 9:47 am
Hi Andy

Thank you for your post.  Hobsons don't seem to be quite on the ball about this topic as I would have hoped and am advised it is on their radar and they are asking for our inputs and requirements. Hence I was trying to guage how other suppliers are enabling their systems and the general communications with their clients.  I look forward to hearing from others.

Thanks
Christine
View user profile

on Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 am
Thank you for your post ellis_ar.

We have a GDPR project team working on this and are in a similar position as yourselves in respect to gaining clarity and identifying gaps. We have spoken with Hobsons about this and maybe at the TPUG meeting there maybe something they can share, so look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks
Christine
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum