View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Hobsons/ Microsoft Dynamics

on Wed May 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Hello all,

Apparently I have the honours of being the first to post a question :-)

Indeed a very broad question, I'm hoping someone might be able to help please with an approximate annual user licence fee for Hobsons and Microsoft Dynamics.

We currently use Salesforce for enquiry and event management only, with 130 users.

Thanks
Charlotte
University of the Arts London
View user profile

Re: Hobsons/ Microsoft Dynamics

on Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 am
Hi Charlotte

Microsoft are changing their licence fees. It has been fairly straight forward until now but they have completely revamped their licence structure which, from our early examination of it (we're still on the old structure until October) is more expensive.

Detailed information is available in their 'Microsoft dynamics 365 enterprise edition licensing guide' they have a pdf.

The setup costs for Microsoft differ based on how much you wish the system to be configured to meet your requirements.

I can't offer any info on Hobsons I'm afraid.

Thanks

Graham
View user profile

on Fri May 05, 2017 9:40 am
I did email Charlotte directly, but thought would add here too (and feel free to correct my explanation if anyone thinks I have got it wrong!):

We currently pay approx. 130 per user per annum (although that is about to go up when we renew) for Dynamics 2016. At the moment you pay for the whole system as it is out the box, and licencing is pretty simple. However Microsoft have recently implemented a new pricing system for Dynamics 365, where you will pay for “apps” – and are essentially breaking the different available functions of the system into different apps. For example, there could be be one for Marketing and one for Enquiry management. There is a point (I believe if a user is going to be using 2 apps or more) that you then pay for a Plan. We haven’t confirmed exactly what will be needed for us yet, but we expect to have to go down the Plan route.

Kirstie
View user profile

on Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am
Hi Graham/ Kirstie

Thanks both for the helpful information!

Have a great weekend
Charlotte
View user profile

on Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm
Hi Charlotte,

I just got more information about the "team" licence - this gives that user read only access to all areas of the CRM, but no editing. Also, a bit of extra info - if you buy a user the "Sales" app, then they get the read only access to the rest of the system too.

Kirstie
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum